Soccer-Mexes named France captain against Norway
OSLO Aug 11 (Reuters) - Defender Philippe Mexes was named France captain by new coach Laurent Blanc to face Norway in a friendly international on Wednesday.
Blanc, who took none of the country's World Cup squad members to Norway, relied on a largely experimental team for his first game in charge and France's first outing since their shameful first-round exit from the 2010 finals in South Africa.
The 28-year-old AS Roma player will win his 14th cap against Norway.
(Reporting by Olivier Guillemain, writing by Patrick Vignal in Paris; editing by Pritha Sarkar; To comment on this story e-mail email@example.com)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel says truce over after soldier apparently captured in Gaza |
- Britain's RBS places restrictions on lending in Russia
- India says WTO deal not dead, can sign in Sept if concerns addressed
- Pressure mounts on Jadeja following week to forget
- Israel, Palestinian militant groups agree to three-day Gaza truce |