Soccer-Mexes named France captain against Norway
OSLO Aug 11 (Reuters) - Defender Philippe Mexes was named France captain by new coach Laurent Blanc to face Norway in a friendly international on Wednesday.
Blanc, who took none of the country's World Cup squad members to Norway, relied on a largely experimental team for his first game in charge and France's first outing since their shameful first-round exit from the 2010 finals in South Africa.
The 28-year-old AS Roma player will win his 14th cap against Norway.
(Reporting by Olivier Guillemain, writing by Patrick Vignal in Paris; editing by Pritha Sarkar; To comment on this story e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |
- Britain slams EU budget demand, others see 'molehills'
- UPDATE 2-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- Stellar Lamela produces goal of the season, word of the day