Soccer-Mexes named France captain against Norway
OSLO Aug 11 (Reuters) - Defender Philippe Mexes was named France captain by new coach Laurent Blanc to face Norway in a friendly international on Wednesday.
Blanc, who took none of the country's World Cup squad members to Norway, relied on a largely experimental team for his first game in charge and France's first outing since their shameful first-round exit from the 2010 finals in South Africa.
The 28-year-old AS Roma player will win his 14th cap against Norway.
(Reporting by Olivier Guillemain, writing by Patrick Vignal in Paris; editing by Pritha Sarkar; To comment on this story e-mail email@example.com)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Tennis-Monte Carlo Masters men's singles quarterfinals results
- Sunken Korea ferry relatives give DNA swabs to help identify dead |
- Special Report - How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Pope Good Friday service underscores plight of the suffering