Manchester airport reopened after scare
LONDON (Reuters) - Flights at Manchester airport returned to normal on Friday after police gave the all clear following a bomb scare which had closed one of its terminals for the morning.
A suspect package had been discovered during luggage security checks in terminal one, forcing the evacuation of the area. The airport's other two terminals remained open during the scare.
"The package was then examined by bomb disposal officers and it was confirmed that it posed no threat to the public," police said in a statement.
(Reporting by Matt Falloon; editing by Keith Weir)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Ex-Kaupthing bankers convicted of abuses related to Qatari investment
- 'Unfit' defendant in British phone-hacking case dropped from trial
- North Korea says Jang Song Thaek, uncle of leader Kim Jong Un, executed
- Thai protest leader wants 12 months to push through reforms |