Saboteurs attack Egypt-Israel gas pipeline-TV
CAIRO Feb 5 (Reuters) - Saboteurs blew up a pipeline that runs through Egypt's North Sinai and supplies gas to Israel, state television reported on Saturday, although it was not immediately clear what impact the blast had on gas flows.
"Saboteurs took advantage of the security situation and blew up the gas pipeline," a state television correspondent reported, saying there was a big explosion. He also blamed the blast on "terrorists".
Residents in the area also reported a huge explosion and said flames were raging in an area near the pipeline in the El-Arish area of north Sinai. (Writing by Edmund Blair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- UKIP on course to win second parliamentary seat - poll
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Canada's Harper pledges tougher security laws after attack |