Saboteurs attack Egypt-Israel gas pipeline-TV
CAIRO Feb 5 (Reuters) - Saboteurs blew up a pipeline that runs through Egypt's North Sinai and supplies gas to Israel, state television reported on Saturday, although it was not immediately clear what impact the blast had on gas flows.
"Saboteurs took advantage of the security situation and blew up the gas pipeline," a state television correspondent reported, saying there was a big explosion. He also blamed the blast on "terrorists".
Residents in the area also reported a huge explosion and said flames were raging in an area near the pipeline in the El-Arish area of north Sinai. (Writing by Edmund Blair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UK economy set for fastest growth in seven years in 2014 - BCC
- Mandela signer hits back: I'm sign language champion
- Ex-Kaupthing bankers convicted of abuses related to Qatari investment
- Wenger frustrated at Arsenal's failure to seal top spot
- South Africa admits error over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |