U.S. urges citizens within 80 km of Japan plant leave
CAIRO (Reuters) - The United States on Wednesday recommended its citizens living within 80 km (50 miles) of the Fukushima nuclear power plant in Japan evacuate the area or take shelter indoors.
The U.S. Embassy in Tokyo issued the advice in a statement distributed to reporters accompanying Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on a trip to Egypt.
"We are recommending, as a precaution, that American citizens who live within 50 miles of the Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant evacuate the area or to take shelter indoors if safe evacuation is not practical," it said.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
- Analysis - Financial market storm brewing as 2014 winds down
- UPDATE 6-Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital
- New EU executive runs into trouble in parliament
- Pennsylvania's Catholic bishops forbid boys to wrestle girls