Japan Noda: US Treasuries still attractive to Japan
TOKYO, April 19
TOKYO, April 19 (Reuters) - - Japanese Finance Minister Yoshihiko Noda said on Tuesday that U.S. Treasuries were still an attractive investment for Japan despite news that ratings agency Standard & Poor's cut the U.S. credit outlook due to concerns about the rising federal budget deficit.
"The United States is tackling fiscal issues in various ways, so I think U.S. Treasuries are basically an attractive product for us," Noda told a news conference after a cabinet meeting.
He added that Japan must continue to convey its stance on adhering to fiscal discipline. (Reporting by Tetsushi Kajimoto; Editing by Edmund Klamann)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Iran to push for Saudi oil output cut at OPEC - Mehr news agency
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Schalke's Di Matteo to use home record to stop Chelsea
- Boeing says frustrated by Canada move to extend life of fighter jets
- Aviva, Friends Life 5.6 billion pound merger plan makes sense - investors