Amplats sees platinum price averaging $1,800/oz in 2011
JOHANNESBURG, July 25
JOHANNESBURG, July 25 (Reuters) - Anglo American Platinum (Amplats) chief executive officer Neville Nicolau said on Monday the price of the precious metal would average $1,800 an ounce for 2011, in line with a previous forecast.
The world's top platinum producer earlier said its headline earnings for the first six months of the year had risen 20 percent and it held to its 2011 production target of 2.6 million ounces which will be tough to meet if its workforce goes on strike. (Reporting by Ed Stoddard)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Factbox - Scotland's independence vote: How will the results come?
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- Australian PM says police raids follow threat of beheading
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the UK |
- Scottish supporters of United Kingdom have 4 percent point lead - YouGov poll