BMW to separate Mini showrooms in Germany-paper
FRANKFURT Oct 1 (Reuters) - BMW dealerships in Germany will be asked to better segregate sales space between BMW and Mini cars, BMW Germany sales chief Karsten Engel told weekly auto industry publication Automobilwoche.
"There cannot be different brands in the same showroom," Engel told Automobilwoche.
Currently some BMW dealerships sell Mini vehicles within their open-plan showrooms.
BMW is pushing for separate sales areas before introducing a new generation of small BMW-branded front-wheel-drive cars, Automobilwoche said.
Because the technological underpinnings of the new BMW cars are similar to that of the Mini, the Munich-based auto maker is pushing for more distinct sales areas.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- Germany's Merkel deals blow to UK on EU migration reform - Sunday Times
- Caterham and Marussia to miss next races - Ecclestone
- Belgium chocolate maker ISIS needs to change its name again