BMW to separate Mini showrooms in Germany-paper
FRANKFURT Oct 1 (Reuters) - BMW dealerships in Germany will be asked to better segregate sales space between BMW and Mini cars, BMW Germany sales chief Karsten Engel told weekly auto industry publication Automobilwoche.
"There cannot be different brands in the same showroom," Engel told Automobilwoche.
Currently some BMW dealerships sell Mini vehicles within their open-plan showrooms.
BMW is pushing for separate sales areas before introducing a new generation of small BMW-branded front-wheel-drive cars, Automobilwoche said.
Because the technological underpinnings of the new BMW cars are similar to that of the Mini, the Munich-based auto maker is pushing for more distinct sales areas.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Putin admits Russian forces were deployed to Crimea
- Three dead in east Ukraine, Putin warns of 'abyss' |
- Search for Malaysia Airlines jet refocuses on drone scans of seafloor
- Divers struggle in search for South Korean ferry survivors |
- India holds biggest day of voting with Hindu nationalists gaining strength