Six Greek ruling party members call PM to resign - report
ATHENS (Reuters) - Six senior members of Greece's ruling party called Prime Minister George Papandreou to resign, semi-official news agency ANA said Tuesday.
The six are members of PASOK's national council and were close aides of former Prime Minister Costas Simitis when he was in government, ANA said.
"The country urgently needs a politically legitimate government, a plan for a national revival," ANA quoted a joint letter by the six party members as saying.
(Reporting by Harry Papachristou and Ingrid Melander)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Easter truce |
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry |
- Special Report - How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Malaysian plane search in 44th day, sea bed scans could end in days |
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |