Six Greek ruling party members call PM to resign - report
ATHENS (Reuters) - Six senior members of Greece's ruling party called Prime Minister George Papandreou to resign, semi-official news agency ANA said Tuesday.
The six are members of PASOK's national council and were close aides of former Prime Minister Costas Simitis when he was in government, ANA said.
"The country urgently needs a politically legitimate government, a plan for a national revival," ANA quoted a joint letter by the six party members as saying.
(Reporting by Harry Papachristou and Ingrid Melander)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Merkel asks Putin to explain reports of Russian troops in Ukraine
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Russian-backed separatists enter southeast Ukraine town
- China urges Japan to break from aggressive past after Abe honours war criminals
- Business leaders urge Scots to vote against independence