Six Greek ruling party members call PM to resign - report
ATHENS (Reuters) - Six senior members of Greece's ruling party called Prime Minister George Papandreou to resign, semi-official news agency ANA said Tuesday.
The six are members of PASOK's national council and were close aides of former Prime Minister Costas Simitis when he was in government, ANA said.
"The country urgently needs a politically legitimate government, a plan for a national revival," ANA quoted a joint letter by the six party members as saying.
(Reporting by Harry Papachristou and Ingrid Melander)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |
- Belgium chocolate maker ISIS needs to change its name again
- UPDATE 3-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results