Six Greek ruling party members call PM to resign - report
ATHENS (Reuters) - Six senior members of Greece's ruling party called Prime Minister George Papandreou to resign, semi-official news agency ANA said Tuesday.
The six are members of PASOK's national council and were close aides of former Prime Minister Costas Simitis when he was in government, ANA said.
"The country urgently needs a politically legitimate government, a plan for a national revival," ANA quoted a joint letter by the six party members as saying.
(Reporting by Harry Papachristou and Ingrid Melander)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Argentina fails to reach debt agreement, default looms |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Insight - European regulators training sights on Google's mobile software
- Russia wants Apple, SAP to cooperate against foreign spying
- Libyan militants overrun Benghazi special forces base as chaos deepens