Six Greek ruling party members call PM to resign - report
ATHENS (Reuters) - Six senior members of Greece's ruling party called Prime Minister George Papandreou to resign, semi-official news agency ANA said Tuesday.
The six are members of PASOK's national council and were close aides of former Prime Minister Costas Simitis when he was in government, ANA said.
"The country urgently needs a politically legitimate government, a plan for a national revival," ANA quoted a joint letter by the six party members as saying.
(Reporting by Harry Papachristou and Ingrid Melander)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin red group results
- NATO, Swedish fighters scrambled to intercept Russian plane