- British Supreme Court ruling threatens Western sanctions against Iran
- Britain to start sale of Lloyds soon, review RBS split |
- Sao Paulo, Rio revoke transport fare hikes as protests continue |
- Kosovo's first envoy to Serbia quits after two days
- Bernanke says Fed likely to reduce bond buying this year |
Syrian shells land in north Lebanon -eyewitnesses
BEIRUT (Reuters) - Several Syrian shells landed in the Lebanese border village of al-Qaa and nearby fields on Wednesday evening, injuring one person, after heavy artillery was heard on the Syrian side of the frontier, residents said.
"More than five shells landed in the fields and in the village," a farmer in al-Qaa told Reuters. Another resident said one shell had detonated next to the main school.
"One 25-year-old Syrian man who had fled the country into Lebanon was injured," a doctor who lives in the area said, without giving details.
(Reporting by Jamal Saidi; Writing by Oliver Holmes; Editing by Mark Heinrich)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this