Britain to expel Syrian charge d'affaires
LONDON (Reuters) - Britain is expelling the Syrian charge d'affaires and two other senior Syrian diplomats, Foreign Secretary William Hague said on Tuesday.
The move was part of a co-ordinated expulsion of Syrian diplomats from other major capitals.
Hague said the diplomats had been given seven days to leave the country.
(Reporting by Stephen Addison)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video
- Germany: Russia sanctions, Ukraine probably contributed to Q2 contraction
- Ukraine's Poroshenko talks tough ahead of meetings with Merkel, Putin
- EBay considering PayPal spinoff - report
- Scottish nationalists seek to broaden independence debate beyond currency