BP reports process unit trip at Cherry Point, WA, refinery
July 31 (Reuters) - BP Plc reported that a process unit had tripped releasing sulfur dioxide at its 225,000 barrel-per-day (bpd) Cherry Point, Washington, refinery on Monday.
The company said in a filing with regulators that it had reduced and minimized rates and stabilized the process unit to get it back to normal. It said it did not know the cause of the incident.
(For refinery outages in the Reuters Oil FundamentalsDatabase see here or go to ) (Reporting by Koustav Samanta in Bangalore; Editing by Joseph Radford)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says
- Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- Exclusive - Over 100 Russian soldiers killed in single Ukraine battle - Russian rights activists
- Scotland's pro-independence campaign gains on final TV debate - poll