Hong Kong shares open lower, poised for weekly loss
HONG KONG Nov 9 (Reuters) - Hong Kong shares opened lower on Friday as weak overseas markets prompted profit-taking, particularly in Chinese shares, and left the local benchmark poised for its worst weekly performance since mid-July.
The Hang Seng index opened down 0.6 percent at 21,433.6. The China Enterprises index of top locally listed mainland firms opened down 1 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Easter truce |
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry |
- Special Report - How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Malaysian plane search in 44th day, sea bed scans could end in days |
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |