Hong Kong shares open lower, poised for weekly loss
HONG KONG Nov 9 (Reuters) - Hong Kong shares opened lower on Friday as weak overseas markets prompted profit-taking, particularly in Chinese shares, and left the local benchmark poised for its worst weekly performance since mid-July.
The Hang Seng index opened down 0.6 percent at 21,433.6. The China Enterprises index of top locally listed mainland firms opened down 1 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- As Russian arms flow to Ukraine, more U.S. sanctions expected
- FIFA committed to 2018 World Cup in Russia
- Short Gaza truce takes hold; many bodies pulled from rubble |
- China's Guangdong province removes over 850 'naked officials' from their posts
- EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope |