Hong Kong shares open lower, poised for weekly loss
HONG KONG Nov 9 (Reuters) - Hong Kong shares opened lower on Friday as weak overseas markets prompted profit-taking, particularly in Chinese shares, and left the local benchmark poised for its worst weekly performance since mid-July.
The Hang Seng index opened down 0.6 percent at 21,433.6. The China Enterprises index of top locally listed mainland firms opened down 1 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Fired UPS worker kills two supervisors, self, in Alabama shooting
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on militants in Syria |
- Vatican arrests former archbishop on paedophilia charges
- Qatar will not host 2022 World Cup, says FIFA's Zwanziger
- U.S. security officials issue bulletin on Syria-based threat