Hong Kong shares open lower, poised for weekly loss
HONG KONG Nov 9 (Reuters) - Hong Kong shares opened lower on Friday as weak overseas markets prompted profit-taking, particularly in Chinese shares, and left the local benchmark poised for its worst weekly performance since mid-July.
The Hang Seng index opened down 0.6 percent at 21,433.6. The China Enterprises index of top locally listed mainland firms opened down 1 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia Airlines denies crash report, says plane still missing |
- UPDATE 3-Boeing reports wing cracks on 787 Dreamliners in production
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Ukraine standoff intensifies; Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |