US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Wall St adds to losses after housing data
NEW YORK Nov 28 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks extended losses on Wednesday after data showed new single-family home sales fell slightly in October and the government revised sharply lower its estimate for the prior month's sales, denting optimism over one of the brighter sectors of the economy.
The Dow Jones industrial average dropped 104.82 points, or 0.81 percent, to 12,773.31. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index lost 12.81 points, or 0.92 percent, to 1,386.13. The Nasdaq Composite Index fell 30.76 points, or 1.04 percent, to 2,937.03.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp |
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough |
- UPDATE 10-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Total CEO Christophe de Margerie killed in Moscow plane accident - airport spokeswoman
- Swedish 'Cold War' thriller exposes Baltic Sea nerves over Russia