US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St ends with 4th day of losses
NEW YORK Dec 27 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks finished lower for a fourth day on Thursday but recovered most of the session's losses just before the closing bell when the House of Representatives said it would come back to work this weekend with the aim of avoiding the "fiscal cliff."
Based on the latest available data, the Dow Jones industrial average slipped 18.28 points, or 0.14 percent, to finish unofficially at 13,096.31. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index dipped 1.74 points, or 0.12 percent, to finish unofficially at 1,418.09. The Nasdaq Composite Index shed 4.25 points, or 0.14 percent, to close unofficially at 2,985.91.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- With no sign of missing plane, search spreads far across land and sea |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N.
- Netanyahu, showing seized rockets, says Iran fooling the world