Bank of Japan should be responsible for 2 percent inflation goal - Japan's Abe
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said it is important for the Bank of Japan to take responsibility for achieving a 2 percent inflation goal, which he wants the central bank to adopt, Jiji news agency reported on Friday.
He also said the government aims to compile by the end of this month a draft budget for the fiscal year that starts in April, Jiji reported.
Abe has called on the BOJ to set a 2 percent inflation target, double the bank's current goal, and to ease monetary policy more aggressively to beat deflation.
(Reporting by Kaori Kaneko; Editing by Edmund Klamann)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Germany's Merkel deals blow to UK on EU migration reform - Sunday Times
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |
- Caterham and Marussia to miss next races - Ecclestone