UPDATE 1-Aetna backs its 2013 profit, revenue forecast
* Says received 17 of 21 state approvals needed to buy Coventry
* Confirms 2013 oper earnings forecast of at least $5.40 a share
* Sees operating earnings of about $5.10 for 2012
* Sees revenue up 9 percent in 2013
Jan 7 (Reuters) - Aetna Inc on Monday reaffirmed its profit and revenue outlook for 2013 and said as of last week it had received 17 of the 21 state approvals needed for its planned acquisition of smaller rival Coventry Health Care Inc.
Aetna said it continues to expect full-year 2013 operating earnings of at least $5.40 a share, up from about $5.10 in 2012, on a 9 percent increase in revenue, reiterating the forecast it gave in mid-December.
Analysts on average are expecting Aetna to earn $5.52 per share in 2013, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Full-year 2012 revenue is projected at about $35.5 billion, as the nation's third-largest health insurer's medical plans add more members. The company gave its forecast ahead of a presentation on Tuesday at the J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference.
Aetna plans to buy Coventry for $5.6 billion.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- WRAPUP 7-Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source