US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Wall St edges up at open after Alcoa results
NEW YORK Jan 9 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened slightly higher on Wednesday after Alcoa got the earnings season under way with better-than-expected revenue and an encouraging outlook for the year.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 36.93 points, or 0.28 percent, to 13,365.78. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index rose 2.64 points, or 0.18 percent, to 1,459.79. The Nasdaq Composite Index advanced 7.35 points, or 0.24 percent, to 3,099.15.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Swedish 'Cold War' thriller exposes Baltic Sea nerves over Russia
- Total CEO killed in Moscow airport plane accident - Tass
- Polish ex-minister quoted saying Putin offered to divide Ukraine with Poland
- Al Qaeda attacks kill at least 33 people in Yemen
- Total CEO Christophe de Margerie killed in Moscow plane accident - airport spokeswoman