US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Wall St edges up at open after Alcoa results
NEW YORK Jan 9 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened slightly higher on Wednesday after Alcoa got the earnings season under way with better-than-expected revenue and an encouraging outlook for the year.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 36.93 points, or 0.28 percent, to 13,365.78. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index rose 2.64 points, or 0.18 percent, to 1,459.79. The Nasdaq Composite Index advanced 7.35 points, or 0.24 percent, to 3,099.15.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Ukraine, Russia, EU agree to natural gas supply deal
- St James's Place outperforms as FTSE stages late rally
- Bike-riding nurse defies Ebola quarantine, on collision course with governor |
- Labour faces collapse in support in Scotland - poll
- Barclays sets aside 500 million pounds for FX fines as profits rise |