Greece delays decision on Postbank to next week-source
ATHENS Jan 11 (Reuters) - Greece's government has postponed to next week a decision on how to wind down troubled state lender Hellenic Postbank after international lenders asked to study the bank's business plan, a banker close to the matter said on Friday.
"The (EU/IMF) troika asked for a few days to assess the business plan of the 'good' bank," the banker said, referring to the bank's healthy assets that are expected to be run as a standalone entity.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Sweden says credible reports of foreign submarine in its waters
- Lufthansa cancels flights due to pilots strike; train stoppage strands millions |
- EU's Barroso to Britain - Don't alienate your friends in Europe
- Hong Kong crisis deepens after weekend clashes, talks set for Tuesday |
- Fiercest fighting in days hits Syrian border town |