Greece delays decision on Postbank to next week-source
ATHENS Jan 11 (Reuters) - Greece's government has postponed to next week a decision on how to wind down troubled state lender Hellenic Postbank after international lenders asked to study the bank's business plan, a banker close to the matter said on Friday.
"The (EU/IMF) troika asked for a few days to assess the business plan of the 'good' bank," the banker said, referring to the bank's healthy assets that are expected to be run as a standalone entity.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Germany's Merkel deals blow to UK on EU migration reform - Sunday Times
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |
- Caterham and Marussia to miss next races - Ecclestone