Greece delays decision on Postbank to next week-source
ATHENS Jan 11 (Reuters) - Greece's government has postponed to next week a decision on how to wind down troubled state lender Hellenic Postbank after international lenders asked to study the bank's business plan, a banker close to the matter said on Friday.
"The (EU/IMF) troika asked for a few days to assess the business plan of the 'good' bank," the banker said, referring to the bank's healthy assets that are expected to be run as a standalone entity.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UK troops in largest armoured deployment in Eastern Europe for six years
- In class obsessed Britain, tweet of 'white van' man hits nerve
- European Parliament may propose Google break-up in draft resolution
- Aviva in £5.6 billion deal to buy Friends Life after pensions shake-up
- Conservatives, states set to launch legal blitz against Obama over immigration