Greece delays decision on Postbank to next week-source
ATHENS Jan 11 (Reuters) - Greece's government has postponed to next week a decision on how to wind down troubled state lender Hellenic Postbank after international lenders asked to study the bank's business plan, a banker close to the matter said on Friday.
"The (EU/IMF) troika asked for a few days to assess the business plan of the 'good' bank," the banker said, referring to the bank's healthy assets that are expected to be run as a standalone entity.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry |
- Iran slams U.S. justice verdict on Manhattan skyscraper
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Mediator heads to east Ukraine, seeking surrenders |
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official