US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Wall St edges lower at open as Apple drags
NEW YORK Jan 14 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks edged lower at the open on Monday as shares of Apple were weighed down by demand concerns, while investors faced a busy week for corporate earnings.
The Dow Jones industrial average dropped 0.39 point to 13,488.04. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index shed 1.89 points, or 0.13 percent, to 1,470.16. The Nasdaq Composite Index lost 11.34 points, or 0.36 percent, to 3,114.30.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Yazidis haunted by cries for help as militants bury victims alive
- ECB targets bundled-debt market to boost economy
- Myanmar worker admits to British murders in Thailand - police
- Hong Kong police warn protesters against occupying buildings |
- Analysis - Financial market storm brewing as 2014 winds down