US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St cuts declines as retailers gain
NEW YORK, Jan 15 - U.S. stocks cut earlier declines on Tuesday, with the Dow turning positive as shares of retail companies rose.
The Dow Jones industrial average edged up 2.44 points, or 0.02 percent, at 13,509.76. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index slipped 0.12 point, or 0.01 percent, to 1,470.56. The Nasdaq Composite Index was off 5.69 points, or 0.18 percent, to 3,111.82.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India gets its first transgender TV news anchor - newspaper
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance
- Salmond says Scots tricked out of independence
- Pope's Albania visit prompts long-awaited facelift for Tirana square
- Sierra Leone Ebola burial team attacked despite lockdown |