Algeria kidnappers demand end to French attacks in Mali- ANI
NOUAKCHOTT Jan 16 (Reuters) - Al Qaeda-linked militants who attacked a gas field in Algeria on Wednesday have demanded an end to French military operations against Islamists in northern Mali in return for the safety of dozens of hostages, Mauritania's ANI news agency reported.
The statement sent to ANI by the group also said it was holding some 40 hostages. A spokesman for a group under the command of Mokhtar Belmokhtar, a veteran Saharan jihadist and smuggling kingping, had earlier said it was behind the hostage-taking.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Australia, Malaysia vow to keep searching to solve plane mystery
- Search for MH370 reveals a military vulnerability for China
- Man United act to halt slide as power shifts back to Liverpool
- Ukraine's leaders say have U.S. backing to take on 'aggressors' |