Algeria kidnappers demand end to French attacks in Mali- ANI
NOUAKCHOTT Jan 16 (Reuters) - Al Qaeda-linked militants who attacked a gas field in Algeria on Wednesday have demanded an end to French military operations against Islamists in northern Mali in return for the safety of dozens of hostages, Mauritania's ANI news agency reported.
The statement sent to ANI by the group also said it was holding some 40 hostages. A spokesman for a group under the command of Mokhtar Belmokhtar, a veteran Saharan jihadist and smuggling kingping, had earlier said it was behind the hostage-taking.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Lloyds says case for re-starting dividends strengthened
- Insight - European regulators training sights on Google's mobile software
- 'Complacent' NATO unprepared for Russian threat - MPs
- Gaza toll soars as Israel 'days' from completing tunnel hunt |