Hostage crisis shows Mali intervention justified-Hollande
PARIS Jan 17 (Reuters) - The hostage crisis in Algeria shows that French intervention in Mali is justified, President Francois Hollande said on Thursday.
Hollande said that events seemed to have taken a "dramatic" turn at the remote desert gas plant but he did not yet have enough information to allow a proper assessment of the situation.
However, he added: "What's happening in Algeria provides further evidence that my decision to intervene in Mali was justified." Hollande made the remarks at the start of a speech to business leaders.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people
- UPDATE 3-Boeing reports wing cracks on 787 Dreamliners in production
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- As Ukraine crisis deepens, Russia's neighbours boost defences
- UPDATE 2-White House plays down speedy role for U.S. natural gas in Ukraine