Hostage crisis shows Mali intervention justified-Hollande
PARIS Jan 17 (Reuters) - The hostage crisis in Algeria shows that French intervention in Mali is justified, President Francois Hollande said on Thursday.
Hollande said that events seemed to have taken a "dramatic" turn at the remote desert gas plant but he did not yet have enough information to allow a proper assessment of the situation.
However, he added: "What's happening in Algeria provides further evidence that my decision to intervene in Mali was justified." Hollande made the remarks at the start of a speech to business leaders.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hong Kong protests approach potential National Day flashpoint |
- British financial watchdog to investigate Tesco accounting scandal
- Eyeing 2015 vote, Cameron pledges 7 billion pounds in tax cuts
- Analysis - Financial market storm brewing as 2014 winds down
- Hong Kong's embattled leader believes protests could last weeks- source |