Hostage crisis shows Mali intervention justified-Hollande
PARIS Jan 17 (Reuters) - The hostage crisis in Algeria shows that French intervention in Mali is justified, President Francois Hollande said on Thursday.
Hollande said that events seemed to have taken a "dramatic" turn at the remote desert gas plant but he did not yet have enough information to allow a proper assessment of the situation.
However, he added: "What's happening in Algeria provides further evidence that my decision to intervene in Mali was justified." Hollande made the remarks at the start of a speech to business leaders.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Microsoft sees end to Nokia losses, shares rise after hours
- Train carrying MH17 bodies reaches government-held Ukrainian city |
- Abbas-led Palestinian body backs Hamas truce demands in Gaza |
- MPs criticise UK arms sales to Russia as Cameron pledges no new exports
- Euro finally gives in, Aussie eyes CPI test