Algerian helicopters attack plant, two Japanese hostages hurt -ANI
NOUAKCHOTT (Reuters) - Two Algerian army helicopters attacked the gas complex where Islamists have seized dozens of foreigners and Algerians, injuring two of the Japanese hostages, Mauritania's ANI news agency reported, citing one of the kidnappers.
It was not possible to independently verify the report.
ANI has close contacts with the al Qaeda-linked group that has claimed responsibility for the mass kidnapping in retaliation for France's attack on Islamists in neighbouring Mali.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel says truce over after soldier apparently captured in Gaza |
- Britain's RBS places restrictions on lending in Russia
- India says WTO deal not dead, can sign in Sept if concerns addressed
- Pressure mounts on Jadeja following week to forget
- Israel, Palestinian militant groups agree to three-day Gaza truce |