ECB should keep policy loose or ease further - IMF chief
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The European Central Bank should keep monetary policy easy and perhaps try to lower borrowing costs further to help the euro zone's struggling economy, the head of the International Monetary Fund said on Thursday.
"Continued if not further monetary easing will be appropriate in order to sustain demand," IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde told a news conference.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- 'Good night' - Haunting final contact from missing Malaysian jet |
- New maps show smallest planet Mercury is even smaller
- Moscow wins overwhelming Crimea vote, West readies sanctions |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |