ECB should keep policy loose or ease further - IMF chief
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The European Central Bank should keep monetary policy easy and perhaps try to lower borrowing costs further to help the euro zone's struggling economy, the head of the International Monetary Fund said on Thursday.
"Continued if not further monetary easing will be appropriate in order to sustain demand," IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde told a news conference.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Taxis, planes and viruses: How deadly Ebola can spread
- Israel looks for missing soldier; Hamas says he may have been killed |
- Gaza truce over, Israel soldier captured, 70 dead in Rafah shelling |
- Experts recover human remains at Ukraine crash site despite new fighting
- Campaign for an independent Scotland stalls before historic vote