ECB should keep policy loose or ease further - IMF chief
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The European Central Bank should keep monetary policy easy and perhaps try to lower borrowing costs further to help the euro zone's struggling economy, the head of the International Monetary Fund said on Thursday.
"Continued if not further monetary easing will be appropriate in order to sustain demand," IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde told a news conference.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin red group results
- NATO, Swedish fighters scrambled to intercept Russian plane