ECB should keep policy loose or ease further - IMF chief
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The European Central Bank should keep monetary policy easy and perhaps try to lower borrowing costs further to help the euro zone's struggling economy, the head of the International Monetary Fund said on Thursday.
"Continued if not further monetary easing will be appropriate in order to sustain demand," IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde told a news conference.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UK house prices fall for first time in 17 months - Nationwide
- UK economy picks up in second quarter, recovery pace revised higher
- Analysis - Ukraine leader clings to European goal despite Putin
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, fear fresh police advance |
- Arsenal must now beat Galatasaray, says Cazorla