Barclays to keep "very significant" investment bank - CEO
LONDON (Reuters) - Barclays (BARC.L) will keep a large and "very significant" investment bank as part of a slimmer universal bank, its new chief executive said on Thursday.
"Barclays will continue to be a universal bank and it will continue to have a very, very significant and large investment bank as part of that universal banking model," Antony Jenkins, who took over as CEO at the end of August, told CNBC in an interview from Davos on Thursday.
Jenkins is expected to cut hundreds of job cuts in the investment banking arm as part of a broader restructuring across the bank as part of a strategic review on February 12.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack - sources |
- Voters more receptive to UKIP than polls show - study
- Exclusive - Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- El Salvador ex-rebel's lead 'irreversible,' rival wants recount
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source