- Actor James Gandolfini, star of 'The Sopranos,' dies in Italy
- British Supreme Court ruling threatens Western sanctions against Iran
- Britain to start sale of Lloyds soon, review RBS split |
- US STOCKS-Wall St drops after Bernanke hints at slowing stimulus
- Italian designers Dolce and Gabbana convicted of tax evasion
Shell says "happy" with Dutch court ruling on Nigeria pollution
THE HAGUE |
THE HAGUE (Reuters) - Royal Dutch Shell said on Wednesday it was "happy" with a verdict issued by a Dutch district court, which acquitted it of the bulk of pollution charges filed by Nigerian farmers.
The court said its wholly owned subsidiary Shell Nigeria was responsible for oil spills but that they had been caused by sabotage, not poor maintenance of its facilities.
(Reporting By Anthony Deutsch; Editing by Jon Boyle)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this