Shell says "happy" with Dutch court ruling on Nigeria pollution
THE HAGUE (Reuters) - Royal Dutch Shell said on Wednesday it was "happy" with a verdict issued by a Dutch district court, which acquitted it of the bulk of pollution charges filed by Nigerian farmers.
The court said its wholly owned subsidiary Shell Nigeria was responsible for oil spills but that they had been caused by sabotage, not poor maintenance of its facilities.
(Reporting By Anthony Deutsch; Editing by Jon Boyle)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report