FSA to review pensions annuity market - Independent
LONDON (Reuters) - The Financial Services Authority will announce a review of the multibillion-pound pensions annuity market due to concerns that some individuals are losing out on thousands of pounds of income a year upon retirement, the Independent reported on Thursday.
The regulator will consider whether insurers are doing enough to encourage pension savers to shop around and move their savings in order to get the best annuity when a pension fund is converted into income for life, the paper said.
The review will take up to 12 months and will look into whether annuities are fairly priced and marketed, reported the newspaper.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pro-independence Scots narrow gap to victory ahead of vote - poll
- UK's fate in the balance as poll shows record support for Scottish independence
- Kremlin adviser says military strategy to reflect Ukraine crisis, NATO expansion - RIA
- Russian forces strengthening positions in Ukraine - Kiev military
- Europe drafts emergency energy plan with eye on Russia gas shut-down