Credit Agricole says completed Emporiki sale
PARIS Feb 1 (Reuters) - Credit Agricole, France's No. 3 bank, on Friday said it completed the sale of Greek bank Emporiki to Alpha Bank and said the disposal would have a "slightly positive" impact on its 2012 fourth-quarter results.
Like other banks, Credit Agricole has been selling assets and streamlining its business to meet stricter regulations after the 2008 financial crisis. Last November, it took a 1.96 billion euro writedown on the sale of Emporiki bank.
(Reporting by Astrid Wendlandt; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Missing Air Algerie plane from Burkina Faso has crashed - Algerian official
- Exclusive - Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Zidane makes mystery man Markkanen his first Madrid signing
- Spain's Swiftair says lost contact with plane en route to Algiers
- At least 15 dead in Israeli shelling of Gaza school - Health Ministry |