Credit Agricole says completed Emporiki sale
PARIS Feb 1 (Reuters) - Credit Agricole, France's No. 3 bank, on Friday said it completed the sale of Greek bank Emporiki to Alpha Bank and said the disposal would have a "slightly positive" impact on its 2012 fourth-quarter results.
Like other banks, Credit Agricole has been selling assets and streamlining its business to meet stricter regulations after the 2008 financial crisis. Last November, it took a 1.96 billion euro writedown on the sale of Emporiki bank.
(Reporting by Astrid Wendlandt; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S.-Israeli tensions rise as hostilities in Gaza subside |
- Ferrovial to bid $1.4 bln for Australia's John Holland -Spain's Expansion
- Boko Haram kidnaps wife of Cameroon's vice PM, kills at least three
- Britons warier about house-buying - Halifax
- More than 50 Israeli reservists refuse to serve - Washington Post