Credit Agricole says completed Emporiki sale
PARIS Feb 1 (Reuters) - Credit Agricole, France's No. 3 bank, on Friday said it completed the sale of Greek bank Emporiki to Alpha Bank and said the disposal would have a "slightly positive" impact on its 2012 fourth-quarter results.
Like other banks, Credit Agricole has been selling assets and streamlining its business to meet stricter regulations after the 2008 financial crisis. Last November, it took a 1.96 billion euro writedown on the sale of Emporiki bank.
(Reporting by Astrid Wendlandt; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Scotland's pro-independence campaign gains on final TV debate - poll
- Cameron says he's 'nervous' over Scottish independence vote
- China and Hong Kong poised for showdown over democracy
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- UPDATE 1-Cricket-One Day International England v India scoreboard