Motor racing-Razia to race for Marussia F1 team
JEREZ, Spain Feb 6 (Reuters) - Brazilian Luiz Razia will race for Marussia this season alongside Britain's Max Chilton, the Formula One team announced on Wednesday.
The 23-year-old, runner-up in the GP2 championship last year, was the team's reserve in 2010.
Razia is expected to test the new MR02 car later on Wednesday at the Jerez circuit.
"The past two seasons in GP2 have been all about proving that I have what it takes and that I'm ready," he said in a statement. "This coming season will be all about rewarding the faith the team have shown in me." (Reporting by Alan Baldwin; Editing by John O'Brien)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pro-independence Scots narrow gap to victory ahead of vote - poll
- UK's fate in the balance as poll shows record support for Scottish independence
- Kremlin adviser says military strategy to reflect Ukraine crisis, NATO expansion - RIA
- Europe drafts emergency energy plan with eye on Russia gas shut-down
- Low-carb diets may beat low-fat options for weight loss, heart health