Motor racing-Razia to race for Marussia F1 team
JEREZ, Spain Feb 6 (Reuters) - Brazilian Luiz Razia will race for Marussia this season alongside Britain's Max Chilton, the Formula One team announced on Wednesday.
The 23-year-old, runner-up in the GP2 championship last year, was the team's reserve in 2010.
Razia is expected to test the new MR02 car later on Wednesday at the Jerez circuit.
"The past two seasons in GP2 have been all about proving that I have what it takes and that I'm ready," he said in a statement. "This coming season will be all about rewarding the faith the team have shown in me." (Reporting by Alan Baldwin; Editing by John O'Brien)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hurricane-force winds wreak havoc in Britain, head to Europe
- Air traffic computer fault hits flights from England
- Jailed Islamist women to go free, Egyptian court rules |
- Nobel economics winner Fama says risk of global recession in 2014
- Syrian Islamists seize Western-backed rebel bases -monitoring group