US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St extends losses; Nasdaq off 1 pct
NEW YORK Feb 7 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks fell further on Thursday, with the Nasdaq falling 1 percent, as a sharp drop in the euro against the safe-haven dollar and yen curbed investors' appetite for risky assets.
The Dow Jones industrial average was down 119.84 points, or 0.86 percent, at 13,866.68. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 12.31 points, or 0.81 percent, at 1,499.81. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 30.76 points, or 0.97 percent, at 3,137.72.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Scotland's pro-independence campaign gains on final TV debate - poll
- Exclusive - Over 100 Russian soldiers killed in single Ukraine battle - Russian rights activists
- Separatists say will allow 'trapped' Ukrainian forces to withdraw |
- Iceland volcano alert at red after small eruption, no ash detected
- Russia says military planning will take account of NATO moves on borders