Hugo Boss says to grow faster than market in 2013
FRANKFURT Feb 8 (Reuters) - German fashion house Hugo Boss said it was confident of posting stronger growth than the luxury market in 2013 as it reported a 18 percent rise in sales for the fourth quarter.
The company, known for its men's suits, had been expecting a slow start to 2013 before a pick-up for the rest of the year, its chief financial officer Mark Langer told Reuters in an interview last month.
"Despite the still challenging market environment, I am confident that we will continue to post stronger growth than the overall market in 2013," Chief Executive Claus Dietrich Lahrs said in a statement on Friday.
The group also reported a 42 percent rise in core profit for the fourth quarter, to 138 million euros ($185 million). ($1 = 0.7469 euros) (Reporting by Victoria Bryan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Shots fired in air during raid at Crimea naval base |
- Voters more receptive to UKIP than polls show - study
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source |