Hague "strongly" condemns North Korean nuclear test
LONDON (Reuters) - Foreign Secretary William Hague "strongly" condemned the North Korean nuclear test on Tuesday and said Britain would press for a robust response to the test by the United Nations Security Council.
"I strongly condemn this development, which is a violation of UN Security Council Resolutions 1718, 1874 and 2087," Hague said in a statement.
"The UK will begin urgent consultations with Security Council partners calling for a robust response to this latest development."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says
- Exclusive - Over 100 Russian soldiers killed in single Ukraine battle - Russian rights activists
- Scotland's pro-independence campaign gains on final TV debate - poll
- Iceland says eruption over, lifts all airspace restrictions
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |