Boehner warns automatic US budget cuts will stay without other cuts
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner said on Thursday broad automatic budget cuts will go into effect next month unless Congress and the White House find other spending cuts and "reforms" to balance the U.S. budget within 10 years.
Some $85 billion in budget cuts, also known as the "sequester," are due to go into effect March 1.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S.-Israeli tensions rise as hostilities in Gaza subside |
- Ferrovial to bid $1.4 bln for Australia's John Holland -Spain's Expansion
- Britons warier about house-buying - Halifax
- Boko Haram kidnaps wife of Cameroon's vice PM, kills at least three
- More than 50 Israeli reservists refuse to serve - Washington Post