Boehner warns automatic US budget cuts will stay without other cuts
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner said on Thursday broad automatic budget cuts will go into effect next month unless Congress and the White House find other spending cuts and "reforms" to balance the U.S. budget within 10 years.
Some $85 billion in budget cuts, also known as the "sequester," are due to go into effect March 1.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Exclusive - Apple, Google agree to pay over $300 million to settle conspiracy lawsuit
- Brazilian Congress passes Internet bill of rights
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- UPDATE 6-Tennis-Barcelona Open men's singles round 3 results