Boehner warns automatic US budget cuts will stay without other cuts
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner said on Thursday broad automatic budget cuts will go into effect next month unless Congress and the White House find other spending cuts and "reforms" to balance the U.S. budget within 10 years.
Some $85 billion in budget cuts, also known as the "sequester," are due to go into effect March 1.
(Reporting by Richard Cowan and Thomas Ferraro; Editing by Vicki Allen)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- 'Unfit' defendant in British phone-hacking case dropped from trial
- Ex-Kaupthing bankers convicted of abuses related to Qatari investment
- North Korea says Jang Song Thaek, uncle of leader Kim Jong Un, executed
- UK economy set for fastest growth in seven years in 2014 - BCC