Boehner warns automatic US budget cuts will stay without other cuts
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner said on Thursday broad automatic budget cuts will go into effect next month unless Congress and the White House find other spending cuts and "reforms" to balance the U.S. budget within 10 years.
Some $85 billion in budget cuts, also known as the "sequester," are due to go into effect March 1.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- Germany's Merkel deals blow to UK on EU migration reform - Sunday Times
- Caterham and Marussia to miss next races - Ecclestone
- Belgium chocolate maker ISIS needs to change its name again