Boehner warns automatic US budget cuts will stay without other cuts
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner said on Thursday broad automatic budget cuts will go into effect next month unless Congress and the White House find other spending cuts and "reforms" to balance the U.S. budget within 10 years.
Some $85 billion in budget cuts, also known as the "sequester," are due to go into effect March 1.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UK economy picks up in second quarter, recovery pace revised higher
- UK house prices fall for first time in 17 months - Nationwide
- Arsenal must now beat Galatasaray, says Cazorla
- Analysis - Ukraine leader clings to European goal despite Putin
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, fear fresh police advance |