US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall Street flat, losses trimmed after data
NEW YORK, March 1
NEW YORK, March 1 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks were little changed, trimming earlier losses by mid-morning trading on Friday, with the Dow index turning positive briefly after an encouraging read on manufacturing data.
The Dow Jones industrial average was down just 0.89 points, or 0.01 percent, at 14,053.60. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 1.14 points, or 0.08 percent, at 1,513.54. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 8.39 points, or 0.27 percent, at 3,151.80.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Yazidis haunted by cries for help as militants bury victims alive
- ECB targets bundled-debt market to boost economy
- Myanmar worker admits to British murders in Thailand - police
- Hong Kong police warn protesters against occupying buildings |
- Analysis - Financial market storm brewing as 2014 winds down