US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall Street flat, losses trimmed after data
NEW YORK, March 1
NEW YORK, March 1 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks were little changed, trimming earlier losses by mid-morning trading on Friday, with the Dow index turning positive briefly after an encouraging read on manufacturing data.
The Dow Jones industrial average was down just 0.89 points, or 0.01 percent, at 14,053.60. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 1.14 points, or 0.08 percent, at 1,513.54. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 8.39 points, or 0.27 percent, at 3,151.80.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Jodie Foster marries girlfriend Alexandra Hedison
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Barclays chairman defends staff bonuses as Standard Life leads shareholder protests
- Australia rules out link between debris and Malaysian plane