US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall Street flat, losses trimmed after data
NEW YORK, March 1
NEW YORK, March 1 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks were little changed, trimming earlier losses by mid-morning trading on Friday, with the Dow index turning positive briefly after an encouraging read on manufacturing data.
The Dow Jones industrial average was down just 0.89 points, or 0.01 percent, at 14,053.60. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 1.14 points, or 0.08 percent, at 1,513.54. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 8.39 points, or 0.27 percent, at 3,151.80.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Britain slams EU budget demand, others see 'molehills'
- UPDATE 2-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- Stellar Lamela produces goal of the season, word of the day
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally