Cyprus capital controls to last "a matter of weeks"- minister
LONDON, March 26
LONDON, March 26 (Reuters) - Cyprus's Finance Minister Michael Sarris said on Tuesday that capital controls to prevent big outflows of cash from the island would probably last for "a matter of weeks."
"I think we are talking a matter of weeks. That would be my sense," Sarris told BBC radio.
He said he was confident that outflows would be more controlled as progress was made on implementing an international bailout deal for Cyprus.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |
- Tesco scraps profit outlook as accounting black hole deepens
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin red group results