Cyprus capital controls to last "a matter of weeks"- minister
LONDON, March 26
LONDON, March 26 (Reuters) - Cyprus's Finance Minister Michael Sarris said on Tuesday that capital controls to prevent big outflows of cash from the island would probably last for "a matter of weeks."
"I think we are talking a matter of weeks. That would be my sense," Sarris told BBC radio.
He said he was confident that outflows would be more controlled as progress was made on implementing an international bailout deal for Cyprus.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S.-Israeli tensions rise as hostilities in Gaza subside |
- Ferrovial to bid $1.4 bln for Australia's John Holland -Spain's Expansion
- Britons warier about house-buying - Halifax
- Boko Haram kidnaps wife of Cameroon's vice PM, kills at least three
- More than 50 Israeli reservists refuse to serve - Washington Post