Cyprus capital controls to last "a matter of weeks"- minister
LONDON, March 26
LONDON, March 26 (Reuters) - Cyprus's Finance Minister Michael Sarris said on Tuesday that capital controls to prevent big outflows of cash from the island would probably last for "a matter of weeks."
"I think we are talking a matter of weeks. That would be my sense," Sarris told BBC radio.
He said he was confident that outflows would be more controlled as progress was made on implementing an international bailout deal for Cyprus.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry |
- Surrender talks set with separatists in Ukraine as standoff lasts into Easter |
- Malaysian plane search in 44th day, sea bed scans could end in days
- Special Report - How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Angry relatives clash with police as Korea recovers more dead from ferry |