Cyprus capital controls to last "a matter of weeks"- minister
LONDON, March 26
LONDON, March 26 (Reuters) - Cyprus's Finance Minister Michael Sarris said on Tuesday that capital controls to prevent big outflows of cash from the island would probably last for "a matter of weeks."
"I think we are talking a matter of weeks. That would be my sense," Sarris told BBC radio.
He said he was confident that outflows would be more controlled as progress was made on implementing an international bailout deal for Cyprus.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Fired UPS worker kills two supervisors, self, in Alabama shooting
- Vatican arrests former archbishop on paedophilia charges
- Britain close to joining U.S.-led air strikes against Islamic State
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on militants in Syria |
- Qatar will not host 2022 World Cup, says FIFA's Zwanziger