Cyprus capital controls to last "a matter of weeks"- minister
LONDON, March 26
LONDON, March 26 (Reuters) - Cyprus's Finance Minister Michael Sarris said on Tuesday that capital controls to prevent big outflows of cash from the island would probably last for "a matter of weeks."
"I think we are talking a matter of weeks. That would be my sense," Sarris told BBC radio.
He said he was confident that outflows would be more controlled as progress was made on implementing an international bailout deal for Cyprus.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Grappling with protests, Mexico president urges swift judicial reform
- Aviva in £5.6 billion deal to buy Friends Life after pensions shake-up
- Islamic State targeted in 30 air strikes by U.S., allies
- In blow to Cameron, UKIP wins second parliamentary seat
- European Parliament may propose Google break-up in draft resolution