Tennis-Blonde Radwanska delivers a bombshell to advance
LONDON, June 25
LONDON, June 25 (Reuters) - Agnieszka Radwanska's newly-dyed blonde locks left more of a lasting impression than her quick-fire victory as she pummelled Austria's Yvonne Meusburger 6-1 6-1 in under an hour in the first round of Wimbledon on Tuesday.
A year ago Poland's Radwanska, who was then a brunette, walked off Centre Court with the runners-up plate after finishing second best to Serena Williams.
On day two of the grasscourt major, the fourth seed found herself in the more intimate surroundings of the Court Two bullring and found Meusburger easy prey as she flattened her with some bludgeoning groundstrokes.
Radwanska finished off her 116th-ranked opponent with a forehand crosscourt winner to set up a second round meeting with Frenchwoman Mathilde Johansson. (Reporting by Pritha Sarkar, editing by Ken Ferris)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UK troops in largest armoured deployment in Eastern Europe for six years
- India approves $2.6 billion mounted gun purchase - official
- Volunteer snow shovelers hit Buffalo streets as flooding fears rise |
- Somali Islamists execute 28 non-Muslims on Kenyan bus |
- France's Sarkozy wants EU to lose half its powers