Tennis-Errani serves up double-bagel to advance at U.S. Open
NEW YORK Aug 27 (Reuters) - Italy's Sara Errani doled out a rare double-bagel win at the U.S. Open on Tuesday, thrashing Australia's Olivia Rogowska 6-0 6-0 in under an hour.
Errani, the women's fourth seed for the year's final grand slam, showed no mercy against her 151st-ranked opponent, who only got into the draw as a lucky loser replacement following the withdrawal of Japan's Ayumi Morita.
Rogowska won just 23 points in the entire match and made a whopping 38 unforced errors before Errani finished her off in just 51 minutes.
Errani, who made the semi-finals at last year's U.S. Open and the French Open final the same season, will play her countrywoman Flavia Pennetta in the second round. (Reporting by Julian Linden; Editing by Frank Pingue)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Total CEO Christophe de Margerie killed in Moscow plane accident - airport spokeswoman
- Swedish 'Cold War' thriller exposes Baltic Sea nerves over Russia
- UPDATE 6-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders |