Tennis-Serena blitzes Li to reach U.S. Open final
NEW YORK, Sept 6
NEW YORK, Sept 6 (Reuters) - Defending champion Serena Williams beat China's Li Na 6-0 6-3 on Friday to reach her second consecutive U.S. Open final.
With the victory, the top-seeded Williams set up a rematch of last year's final against Belarussian second-seed Victoria Azarenka, who beat Flavia Pennetta in Friday's other semi-final.
Williams, a 16-times grand slam winner seeking her fifth U.S. Open title, enters Sunday's final having not dropped a set at Flushing Meadows this year. (Reporting by Will Swanton; Editing by Frank Pingue)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UK troops in largest armoured deployment in Eastern Europe for six years
- France's Sarkozy wants EU to lose half its powers
- Putin says Russia is not isolated over Ukraine crisis - TASS
- India approves $2.6 billion mounted gun purchase - official
- West not expected to demand Iran atom bomb 'mea culpa' in deal