Motor racing-Santander sponsorship renewal boosts McLaren
LONDON Jan 23 (Reuters) - Banking group Santander has renewed its sponsorship deal with McLaren, a boost for the Formula One team which is still seeking a title partner for the coming season.
Santander has been a backer of McLaren since 2007 and is also a sponsor of the rival Ferrari Formula One team.
"In such a competitive international sponsorship market, the fact that such a prestigious company has chosen to partner with McLaren Mercedes is a reflection of the strength of our brand," said Ekrem Sami, managing director of McLaren Marketing.
McLaren's former world champion Jenson Button will continue to feature in Santander marketing campaigns.
McLaren had a dismal season last year, failing to finish on the podium in a race for the first time since 1980.
It is yet to find a title sponsor to replace telecoms group Vodafone which pulled out at the end of last season.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Australia, Malaysia vow to keep searching to solve plane mystery
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- Search for MH370 reveals a military vulnerability for China
- Man United act to halt slide as power shifts back to Liverpool