Suspected Islamists kill 90 in Nigeria village raid - witnesses
MAIDUGURI, Nigeria Feb 16 (Reuters) - Suspected Islamist fighters killed at least 90 people in an attack on a village in remote northeast Nigeria on Sunday, witnesses said.
The gunmen surrounded the village of Izge, near the border with Cameroon, spraying it with bullets and burning down dozens of houses, they said.
"As I am talking to you now, all the dead bodies of the victims are still lying in the streets," resident Abubakar Usman told Reuters by telephone. (Reporting by Ibrahim Mshelizza in Maiduguri; Writing by Tim Cocks; Editing by Andrew Heavens)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Maine nurse fights Ebola quarantine, says will not be bullied |
- Ukraine gas supplies in doubt as Russia seeks EU payment deal
- Rebound in FTSE halted by drop in BT and commodity stocks
- Kurdish convoy heads to Syria to take on Islamic State |
- For 23rd time, U.N. nations urge end to U.S. embargo on Cuba |