Fourcade doubtful for men's relay
ROSA KHUTOR, Russia
ROSA KHUTOR, Russia (Reuters) - Martin Fourcade of France is rated very doubtful for the Olympic biathlon men's 4x7.5km relay because of illness, his coach said on Friday.
"He's not well. The outlook is not good at all," France coach Stephane Bouthiaux told Reuters.
Fourcade, who won the 12.5km pursuit and the 20km individual, took silver in the 15km mass start after making a last-minute decision to race despite suffering from sinusitis.
He has been sleeping in the Krasnaya Polyana valley, which is at a lower altitude than the endurance Olympic village just under the Laura Biathlon and Cross-country Complex, in a bid to help him recover.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp |
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough |
- UPDATE 10-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Total CEO Christophe de Margerie killed in Moscow plane accident - airport spokeswoman
- Swedish 'Cold War' thriller exposes Baltic Sea nerves over Russia