June 26 (Reuters) - National Bank Holdings Corp
* National bank holdings corporation announces the acquisition of peoples, inc.
* National bank holdings corp- expect transaction will be "strongly accretive and will accelerate nbh's trajectory toward our financial targets"
* National bank holdings corp - transaction adds approximately $865 million of assets, $483 million of loans held for investment and $719 million of deposits
* National bank holdings corp - expects transaction to result in high-teens accretion to earnings per share in first full year of operations
* National bank holdings says as per terms, peoples shareholders will get about $36.3 million of cash and about 3.4 million shares of nbh common stock
* National bank holdings corp - - peoples will divest or wind down its national mortgage business, operated out of its kansas-based peoples bank by the end of 2017
* National bank holdings corp - expects transaction to have a less than 5% dilution to tangible book value with an earn back period of less than 3 years
* National bank holdings corp says transaction has been unanimously approved by board of directors of each company Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: