* Bonanza Creek Energy receives unsolicited inquiry from Bill Barrett Corporation
Jan 17 The secretaries of the U.S. Treasury and Health and Human Services called for fast congressional action to help Puerto Rico out of its economic mess, and said a bipartisan task force report failed to go far enough on recommending a low-income tax credit for the commonwealth.
CHICAGO, Jan 17 Caesars Entertainment Corp has wrapped up the $18 billion bankruptcy of its main operating unit, allowing the casino company to focus on restoring the tarnished Harrah's, Caesars and Horseshoe brands after two years of Chapter 11 proceedings.
BRIEF-Caesars Entertainment, Caesars Entertainment Operating Co. announce confirmation of CEOC's plan of reorganization
* Caesars Entertainment, Caesars Entertainment Operating Co. announce confirmation of CEOC's plan of reorganization
Jan 17 U.S. women's apparel chain The Limited filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on Tuesday after closing all 250 stores, the latest brick-and-mortar retailer to fall victim to changing tastes and online competitors.
CHICAGO, Jan 17 Caesars Entertainment Corp's main operating unit won court approval on Tuesday for a plan to shed $10 billion of debt and end a contentious $18 billion bankruptcy filed nearly two years ago to the day.
WILMINGTON, Del, Jan 17 Education Management Corp scored a victory in its fight against an investor opposed to its $1.5 billion debt-cutting plan on Tuesday, when a U.S. appeals court overturned a decision in a closely watched case involving creditors' rights.
SAO PAULO, Jan 17 A creditor group has challenged Oi SA's in-court reorganization plan presented in September, saying the Brazilian wireless carrier's proposed restructuring has "illegal and abusive elements" that favor shareholders at the expense of bondholders.
* Limited Stores files voluntary petition for relief under chapter 11; signs agreement with "stalking horse" bidder for intellectual property and e-commerce business
SAO PAULO, Jan 17 The Brazilian government is prepared to intervene if negotiations fail in bankruptcy court over phone carrier Oi SA, newspaper Folha de S.Paulo reported on Tuesday, citing an interview with Communications Minister Gilberto Kassab.
- M&A: PRESS DIGEST- British Business - Jan 18
- IPOs: Bank valuations rising to levels needed for AIB IPO - Irish minister
- Private Capital: China Huarong launches new unit for debt-for-equity swaps
- Hedge Funds: Brexiteer Odey's fund loses 369 million euros
- Regulatory News: PRESS DIGEST- Wall Street Journal - Jan 18
Free Deals Newsletter
Tempora Dicta Magnam Minim. Eu Irure Explicabo Corporis Voluptas Voluptate Ullamco. Pariatur Illum Modi Dicta Reprehenderit.