DETROIT, May 24 - As part of his efforts to solve Detroit's financial crisis, the city's emergency manager Kevyn Orr has asked for an appraisal of the collection at the Detroit Institute of Arts, sparking fears in artistic and philanthropic circles that he means to auction off the city's artistic jewels.
WARSAW, May 24 - Polish builder Polimex said on Friday its creditors agreed not to break off a debt restructuring deal after the company breached one of the covenants defined by the agreement.
* Paulson, hedge funds will likely make profit on settlement
* RMBS investors' claims reduced to $7.3 bln from $8.7 bln
MADRID, May 23 - A Spanish High Court judge has charged the former chairman of fishing firm Pescanova, Manuel Fernandez de Sousa, with falsifying information and insider trading, according to a court document published on Thursday.
May 23 - Ally Financial Inc agreed to contribute $2.1 billion to Residential Capital LLC to settle claims that it stripped the bankrupt mortgage subsidiary of choice assets, paving the way for ResCap to pay back its creditors.
May 23 - Ally Financial Inc: * Residential capital llc asks US bankruptcy court to approve settlement with
* Tens of millions of dollars of potential claims rejected
* Lutz, Wanxiang make up one of at least two groups seeking Fisker
DETROIT, May 22 - China's largest auto parts maker and a boutique car company led by former General Motors Co executive Bob Lutz have offered $20 million to buy "green" carmaker Fisker Automotive, people familiar with the matter said on Wednesday.
- M&A: UPDATE 1-StanChart's Sands says Muddy Waters' debt bet misplaced
- IPOs: Banks in the spotlight in debate over UK listing rules
- Private Capital: 3i says to buy Barclays Infrastructure Funds Management
- Hedge Funds: Toscafund bullish on UK economy and stock market
- Regulatory News: InterOil in talks with Exxon to develop Papua New Guinea assets
- Police ponder conspiracy after soldier murder |
- BA plane makes Heathrow emergency landing after engine fire
- Syria opposition struggles to forge transition plan before talks
- Academics back BP's fight to cap oil spill payouts
- UK may be three quarters of the way through debt purge - Fisher
- Market turbulence poses first serious test for Abenomics |
- Banks in the spotlight in debate over UK listing rules
- Obama shifts U.S. from 'perpetual war-footing,' limits drone strikes |
- Magnitude 8.2 earthquake strikes Russian Far East
- Exclusive: Malaysia tycoon plans IPO of football club Cardiff City - sources