PARIS, March 7 - French steel maker Ascometal went into administration on Friday, putting at risk up to 2,000 jobs in a fresh headache for the Socialist government as it tries to bring down unemployment from record levels.
* CCDS follow-up marks largest sterling capital trade since Lehman
March 6 - Detroit said in a court filing on Thursday it had reached an agreement with Barclays PLC for a $120 million loan that would allow it to invest in services and speed its path out of bankruptcy.
(Corrects paragraph 3 to 'about 1,000 investors', not '10,000')
SHANGHAI, March 7 - The Shanghai government has approved a city-owned investment company to buy non-performing loans from local banks, state media reported on Friday, becoming the latest Chinese local government bracing for an expected rise in bad debt.
* Ex-executives charged with covering up law firm's failing health * Four plead not guilty to criminal charges, SEC sues By Karen Freifeld and Jonathan Stempel NEW YORK, March 6 - Less than a month after writing that he did not want to "cook the books anymore," but facing a deadline to show lenders that Dewey & LeBoeuf had enough cash, the law firm's top finance executive emailed a colleague that he "came up with a big one," according to investigators. "You always do
* Bank offers to cash to retail investors for their bonds
NEW YORK, March 6 - Former top executives from bankrupt U.S. law firm Dewey & LeBoeuf were expected to be criminally charged on Thursday for "cooking the books" at the once prestigious firm and defrauding investors and lenders, said a person familiar with the matter.
March 6 - * SEC files civil lawsuit against five former officials at dewey & leboeuf --
LONDON, March 6 (IFR) - Lloyds Banking Group is offering bondholders who helped rescue the bank five years ago the chance to swap into new debt that meets capital rules, and is giving thousands of retail investors the chance to cash in their holdings.
- M&A: Global IPO activity jumps 70 percent in 2014
- IPOs: RPT-Market Chatter- Corporate finance press digest
- Private Capital: Deals of the day- Mergers and acquisitions
- Hedge Funds: Computer-driven trade to grab market share in 2014
- Regulatory News: CANADA STOCKS-TSX opens higher as energy, financials rise after jobs data
Free Deals Newsletter
Any Americans believing that their country is being bought up by the Chinese might want to think again, according to the Vale Columbia Center on Sustainable International Investment.
Ut Quasi Ratione Aspernatur. Suscipit Quisquam Minima Elit. Accusantium Ullam Velit Magnam.
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |
- Britons increasingly see rate rise but lower their inflation forecasts - BoE
- Bank of England holds fire after forward guidance overhaul |
- China-sensitive Burberry and miners weigh on FTSE
- Trial begins for U.S. Army general accused of sex crimes
- 'Everything is fine', Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend
- Iran says nuclear talks with powers 'substantive and useful'
- Congo warlord's conviction brings relief to international court
- Kerry in Jordan for talks on Middle East peace
- Violent splinter group mars peace deal with Pakistan Taliban