April 17 - A group of investors seeking to buy Mt. Gox has launched a website to garner support from creditors of the bankrupt bitcoin exchange to prevent a liquidation of its assets.
April 17 - A group of investors, which is seeking to buy Mt. Gox, has launched a website to garner support from creditors of the bankrupt bitcoin exchange to prevent a liquidation of its assets.
April 17 - A group of investors is seeking to buy Mt. Gox has launched a website to garner support from creditors of the bankrupt bitcoin exchange to prevent a liquidation of its assets.
(Recasts with judge's comments on post-bankruptcy oversight, need for support from mayor and city council, judge's ruling on objections, action by city's police and fire retirement system, appointment of additional mediators, background)
WASHINGTON, April 17 - The U.S. Department of Energy displayed a "lack of guidance" in how it dealt with millions of dollars in loan guarantees to now-bankrupt Abound Solar Manufacturing, the agency's internal watchdog said in a report on Thursday.
* Investors ignore litigation risk to absorb juicy second-lien deal
DETROIT, April 17 - The federal judge overseeing Detroit's historic bankruptcy case brought the idea of a regional water authority back to life on Thursday, ordering the city and three counties to mediate over the issue.
* Arion to sell first euro senior bond since Iceland banking collapse
April 16 - The board of Detroit's General Retirement System on Wednesday approved economic terms of a settlement with the city that include cuts to pension benefits, putting in place another key component of Detroit's effort to exit bankruptcy by October.
(Recasts with vote by general retirement system board, adds comments from law professor)
- M&A: UPDATE 1-Shell commited to Russia expansion despite sanctions
- IPOs: Shipping firms turn to equity markets as sector eyes recovery
- Private Capital: WRAPUP 2-For Morgan Stanley, playing it safe pays off
- Hedge Funds: Apocalypse Now? China 'bears' hope for their "told you so" moment
- Regulatory News: UPDATE 1-Audi expects to sell half million cars in China this year
Free Deals Newsletter
Any Americans believing that their country is being bought up by the Chinese might want to think again, according to the Vale Columbia Center on Sustainable International Investment.
Excepteur Incidunt Omnis Mollit Rem Rem. Enim Iure Minim Consequuntur Neque. Enim Ab Nesciunt Sequi.
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Ukraine separatists stay put despite diplomatic deal |
- Insight - Compensation battle rages four years after BP's U.S. oil spill
- Labour Party hires Obama strategist for 2015 poll
- Italy government prepares to approve tax cuts
- Libyan kidnappers of Tunisian diplomat demand Islamists' release
- Drone risks damage at record depth in search for Malaysian plane
- Algeria's Bouteflika set for re-election, foes cry fraud
- Indonesia's ex-general Prabowo edges closer to presidential race
- Nobel winner Garcia Marquez, master of magical realism, dies at 87 |