HONG KONG/LONDON - HSBC Holdings beat expectations with a 10 percent rise in first-half profit thanks to a strong performance in Hong Kong and said it had agreed a $5.2 billion (3.34 billion pounds) sale of its business in Brazil. | Video
BEIRUT - At least 27 people were killed and dozens injured when a Syrian army fighter jet crashed into a busy marketplace in the rebel-held northwestern town of Ariha on Monday, residents and witnesses said.
LONDON, Aug 3 - British manufacturing growth picked up in July but new orders grew at the slowest pace in nearly a year, a survey showed on Monday, suggesting the factory sector would continue to drag on overall economic growth.
KUALA LUMPUR - The head of world athletics vigorously defended the IAAF's anti-doping record on Monday, as global sporting bodies called for a thorough probe of the latest allegations to plunge international sport into crisis.
SYDNEY - Barnacles encrusted on a piece of plane debris that washed up on the French island of Reunion might help unravel the mystery of missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 that disappeared last year with 239 passengers and crew on board.
LONDON - Shares in British engineering company Rolls-Royce , under pressure after a run of profit warnings, rose for a second session on Monday on speculation it could speed up turnaround plans after an activist investor became its biggest shareholder.
KUALA LUMPUR - Funds deposited into Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak's bank accounts were from a donation, not from debt-laden state fund 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB), the anti-corruption commission said on Monday.
DOHA - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry began talks with Gulf states in Qatar on Monday, seeking to convince them of the merits of last month's nuclear deal with Iran and to discuss the battle against Islamic State militants and the war in Syria.
FRANKFURT - German carmakers BMW , Audi and Mercedes , will pay around 2.5 billion euros (1.80 billion pounds) to buy Nokia's maps business, beating out high-tech rivals for location services seen as key to the future of self-driving cars.
- Financial: UPDATE 3-HSBC sells up in Brazil as profits jump on Hong Kong boom
- Technology: EU mergers and takeovers (Aug 3)
- Healthcare: E&Y Japan arm launches internal probe of Toshiba audit
- Consumer: Deals of the day- Mergers and acquisitions
- Energy: EU regulators suspend review of Halliburton, Baker Hughes
- Industrials: PRESS DIGEST-China - Aug 3
- M&A: Allianz consortium buys German motorway service stations-source
- Bankruptcy: BRIEF-PBG signs restructuring agreements with some of its creditors
- IPOs: BRIEF-365 Agile to float on AIM via reverse takeover of Iafyds
- Private Capital: China state fund CIC invests in taxi app Didi Kuaidi-source
- Hedge Funds: New Bank of England policymaker says to cut all hedge fund ties