LONDON, - British manufacturing grew at the slowest rate in a year in July, possibly reflecting the prospect of higher interest rates at home and the impact of the conflict in Ukraine, a survey showed on Friday.
LONDON - Part-nationalised British lender Royal Bank of Scotland said on Friday it had placed restrictions on its lending in Russia following developments in Ukraine.
DUBLIN - Ireland's government criticised bookmaker Paddy Power for delays in reporting a data breach that occurred in 2010 and which compromised the personal information of more than half a million customers.
KIEV - Pro-Russian separatists killed at least 10 Ukrainian paratroopers in an overnight ambush in the region of east Ukraine where a Malaysian airliner was brought down, government forces said on Friday.
LONDON - Tough new rules introduced by the Football Association will outlaw all football-related betting for players, club employees and match officials in the top eight tiers of the English game.
KAOHSIUNG Taiwan - A series of explosions caused by a gas leak killed 25 people and injured 267 in Taiwan's second city on Friday, sending flames shooting 15 storeys into the air, setting ablaze entire blocks and reducing small shops to rubble.
SYDNEY/GENEVA - Several member states of the World Trade Organisation voiced frustration after India's demands for concessions on agricultural stockpiling led to the collapse of the first major global trade reform pact in two decades.
BUENOS AIRES - Argentina's bond and stock markets and peso currency dropped on Thursday after Latin America's No. 3 economy defaulted for the second time in 12 years following the collapse of last-ditch talks with holdout creditors. | Video
KIEV - Ukraine's parliament rejected Prime Minister Arseny Yatseniuk's resignation on Thursday and finally passed legislation he said was needed to finance an army offensive against a separatist rebellion in the east and avert a national default on its debts.
- Financial: Bulgaria signs nuclear deal with Westinghouse
- Technology: UPDATE 1-Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
- Healthcare: UPDATE 1-California's proposed 2015 Obamacare premiums to rise 4 pct in 2015
- Consumer: PRESS DIGEST- British Business - Aug. 1
- Energy: Singapore's regulator seeks China commodity lending data-sources
- Industrials: UPDATE 3-U.S. Congress extends transport funding though May, averting cuts
- M&A: Mongolia H1 foreign investment dips 70 pct on uncertainties
- Bankruptcy: Federal court asked to suspend Detroit bankruptcy appeals
- IPOs: Hellman & Friedman starts preparations for Scout24 IPO - sources
- Private Capital: People's Bank of China owns 2 pct stake in Fiat Chrysler
- Hedge Funds: Investors dump higher oil bets as prices fall