LONDON An army bomb disposal team was deployed to an area in Birmingham, central England, on Friday after police arrested five men on suspicion of preparing acts of terrorism.
PARIS A French court on Friday suspended a ban on women wearing full-body "burkini" swimsuits on a Mediterranean town's beach but the prime minister said the debate was not over, calling the outfit a symbol of a "backwards, deadly Islamism". | Video
PESCARA DEL TRONTO, Italy Hopes of finding more survivors from Italy's powerful earthquake faded on Friday, with the death toll rising to 281 and the rescue operation in some of the stricken areas called off. | Video
JACKSON HOLE, Wyo. The Federal Reserve is getting closer to raising interest rates again, the head of the U.S. central bank and other policymakers said on Friday in comments that left the door open for a hike as early as next month. | Video
Prime Minister Theresa May will not hold a parliamentary vote on Brexit before opening discussions to formally trigger Britain's withdrawal from the European Union, the Telegraph reported on Friday.
LONDON Labour Party said on Friday it had found a new security company to guard its conference, avoiding an embarrassing confrontation with a union that had objected to the previous firm and threatened to picket the event.
WASHINGTON Democrat Hillary Clinton called on Friday for voters to reject the "bigotry" of Donald Trump's White House campaign, releasing a television ad criticizing his efforts to appeal to black voters and saying she was reaching out to people from all parties who are troubled by his candidacy. | Video
BRUSSELS Anheuser-Busch InBev expects to cut some 3 percent of its combined workforce after it has acquired rival SABMiller , according to takeover documents published on Friday. | Video
- Financial: UPDATE 3-Icahn denies attempt to sell Herbalife stock, buys more shares
- Technology: BRIEF-Digicel Group Ltd files to withdraw U.S. IPO plans
- Healthcare: Whiplashed investors stay skittish about St. Jude
- Consumer: Minnesota sets broadest U.S. limits on chemicals blamed for bee declines
- Energy: UPDATE 3-Brazil police seek graft charges against ex-president Lula
- Industrials: BRIEF-Ardmore Shipping files for offering of up to $25 mln common stock
- M&A: UPDATE 1-Payments company Nets to set listing plan in motion next week
- Bankruptcy: UPDATE 1-Sycamore Partners, liquidators bid on bankrupt U.S. teen retailer Aeropostale
- IPOs: UPDATE 1-Vodafone India to delay IPO filing until towards end-2016 - IFR
- Private Capital: UPDATE 2-Caesars must face $11 billion in lawsuits - U.S. judge
- Hedge Funds: Citadel hires ex BlueCrest portfolio manager for London office