LONDON Britain's MI5 has begun an internal review of how it handled intelligence on Manchester suicide bomber Salman Abedi, who was known to the authorities but not under active investigation, a source told Reuters on Monday.
BERLIN Chancellor Angela Merkel believes firmly in strong German - U.S. relations and is simply being honest with the United States when she flags up policy differences with Washington, her spokesman said on Monday.
PARIS (French President Emmanuel Macron's party is expected to win the most votes in June's parliamentary election, polls showed on Monday, with Macron also scoring well in terms of general popularity.
BERLIN Germany's security ties with the United States are "excellent" and common interests with Britain mean its departure from the European Union should have as little impact as possible on security cooperation, Germany's interior minister said.
LONDON British Airways was operating most of its flights from London's two largest airports on Monday after a computer system failure stranded thousands of passengers over a holiday weekend and turned into a public relations disaster.
LONDON A group representing Royal Bank of Scotland investors has accepted an out-of-court deal to settle a lawsuit that was set to call disgraced former CEO Fred Goodwin to account over a 12 billion pounds cash call in 2008.
British police said on Monday they had arrested a 16th person in connection with the Manchester suicide bombing last week.
PARIS French officials are having serious talks with financial institutions looking to leave London as Britain prepares to quit the European Union, ECB Governing Council member Francois Villeroy de Galhau said on Monday.
WASHINGTON U.S. President Donald Trump attacked the news media and dismissed leaks from the White House as "fake news" on Sunday, following reports his son-in-law tried to set up a secret channel of communications with Moscow before Trump took office. | Video
SEOUL North Korea fired at least one short-range ballistic missile on Monday that landed in the sea off its east coast, the latest in a fast-paced series of missile tests defying world pressure and threats of more sanctions.
- Financial: U.S. Senator calls for probe into promotion of Kushner Cos deal
- Technology: PRESS DIGEST- British Business - May 29
- Healthcare: CORRECTED-UPDATE 1-Deadly brain infection in German MS patient prompts Roche investigation
- Consumer: UPDATE 1-Brazil prosecutors make new leniency fine offer to J&F
- Energy: BRIEF-Canada Energy Partners says submitted its primary appeal documents with British Columbia oil & gas appeal tribunal
- Industrials: Brazilian prosecutors make new leniency fine offer to J&F
- M&A: Saudi's Alawwal Bank picks JPMorgan to advise on merger -sources
- Bankruptcy: BRIEF-Neuron Bio starts talks under pre-insolvency proceedings
- IPOs: UPDATE 2-Alfa Financial Software's shares rise sharply in London debut
- Private Capital: Western Digital may join Japan-KKR group for Toshiba chip unit bid -sources
- Hedge Funds: Investors bet on comeback: UK's Alan Howard amasses $3 billion