WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama vowed on Friday to respond to a devastating cyberattack on Sony Pictures that he blamed on North Korea, and scolded the Hollywood studio for caving in to what he described as a foreign dictator imposing censorship in America. | Video
SYDNEY - The 37-year-old mother of most of the eight children found dead in a mass stabbing in Australia's tropical northern city of Cairns was arrested on Saturday for murder. | Video
DOHUK, Iraq - Kurdish forces claimed to have seized more territory on Friday after breaking the siege of Sinjar mountain in what they called their biggest victory yet in their war against Islamic State. | Video
LONDON - A "Black Friday" shopping frenzy pushed British retail sales growth to a 27-year high in December, according to an industry survey on Friday.
AMMAN - Syrian businessmen and trade officials say they are worried the economic lifeline provided by Iran is under strain from plunging oil prices, despite public messages of support from Syria's strongest regional ally.
BRUSSELS - European Union leaders warned Moscow they are ready to flex their combined muscle and "stay the course" in a long confrontation with Russia if President Vladimir Putin refuses to pull back from Ukraine.
LAHORE - Pakistan executed two prominent militants on Friday, sources said, in a clear response to this week's massacre of more than 130 children at a school.
HAVANA - Stepping out of his legendary brother's shadow, President Raul Castro has scored a diplomatic triumph and a surge in popular support with the deal that ends decades of open hostility with the United States. | Video
GENEVA - The European Union opened a new front in a decade-old dispute over aircraft subsidies on Friday, launching a complaint at the World Trade Organization alleging illegal tax breaks in Boeing's home state of Washington.
LONDON - Alastair Cook has been dropped as England captain for next year's 50-over World Cup in Australia and New Zealand, the BBC and Sky Sports reported on Friday.
- Financial: Subprime auto lender Condor Capital settles with New York
- Technology: CORRECTED-China, responding to Sony hack, says does not support 'cyber illegalities'
- Healthcare: AbbVie says newly approved hepatitis C treatment costs $83,319
- Consumer: WRAPUP 7-Obama vows U.S. response to N.Korea over Sony cyberattack
- Energy: UPDATE 2-Alstom to absorb U.S. bribery fine despite GE sale
- Industrials: USDA report says pesticide residues in food nothing to fear
- M&A: BRIEF-Infinis Energy to dispose of hydro business for 20.5 mln stg
- Bankruptcy: Deutsche Bank faces fine in Kirch case - Sueddeutsche Zeitung
- IPOs: CVC, Singapore's GIC to cut stake in HKBN listing
- Private Capital: REFILE-Madison Dearborn in the lead to take over Walgreen unit -sources
- Hedge Funds: Hedge fund billionaire's wife will not contest divorce ruling