LONDON British manufacturers had their best month in two years in February but the post-Brexit vote fall in the value of the pound is making them push up their prices sharply, posing a challenge for 2017, an industry survey showed.
LONDON The British government has no intention of revoking its withdrawal from the European Union once the formal exit process has been triggered, Prime Minister Theresa May's spokesman said on Monday.
BERLIN/LONDON Initial talks between the German government and carmakers PSA and General Motors have led to some encouraging signs that jobs at Opel factories will be preserved, though no guarantees have been made yet, a top official said on Monday.
BRUSSELS U.S. Vice President Mike Pence assured the European Union in Brussels on Monday that the Trump administration will develop their cooperation in trade and security and backs the EU as a partner in its own right. | Video
LONDON German carmaker Volkswagen has fixed 470,000 cars out of 1.2 million affected by the diesel emissions scandal in Britain, the firm's UK managing director told lawmakers on Monday.
BRUSSELS Greece and its international lenders agreed on Monday to let teams of experts work out new reforms to Greek pensions, income tax and labour market that would allow Athens to eventually qualify for more cheap loans, euro zone officials said. | Video
DUBLIN Ireland's finance minister said on Monday he expects Prime Minister Enda Kenny - who has already said he will not lead his party into an election due next year - to say on Wednesday when he will step down.
SOUTH OF MOSUL/BAGHDAD, Iraq U.S.-backed Iraqi forces battling Islamic State fighters have fought their way close to Mosul's airport on the second day of a ground offensive on the jihadists' remaining stronghold in the western side of the city, military statements said on Monday. | Video
LONDON Snap Inc, owner of popular messaging app Snapchat, kicked off its first investor roadshow on Monday, looking to persuade London money managers to back its initial public offering in the face of concerns about its growth prospects, valuation and corporate governance.
- Financial: Collapse of Kraft-Unilever tie-up extends run of failed mega-deals
- Technology: UPDATE 1-EU privacy watchdogs say Windows 10 settings still raise concerns
- Healthcare: Roche says Phase II trial supports twin treatment for kidney cancer
- Consumer: UPDATE 1-VW says it has fixed 470,000 cars in Britain affected by diesel scandal
- Energy: UPDATE 4-Freeport warns of arbitration as Indonesia mining dispute escalates
- Industrials: BRIEF-Freeport-McMoran updates status of PT Freeport Indonesia operations
- M&A: Peugeot maker PSA told UK it takes pride in not closing plants - minister
- Bankruptcy: Energy Future bankruptcy plan approved, clearing way for NextEra
- IPOs: Saudi favors New York for Aramco IPO, also considers Toronto, London -WSJ
- Private Capital: UPDATE 1-Portugal to flesh out terms of Novo Banco sale with Lone Star
- Hedge Funds: Brexiteer Odey's fund loses 369 million euros