PERTH, Australia, April 19 - A U.S. Navy deep-sea drone is diving to unprecedented depths to scour a remote stretch of the Indian Ocean floor for a missing Malaysian jetliner as the Malaysian government said it may use more remote control submarines to help with the search.
(Adds FBI and passenger comments in paragraphs 5-8; dateline, byline)
April 18 - A Delta Airlines flight that landed at a Denver airport was directed to a remote airfield location after an unspecified "potential Security threat" and passengers were ushered off the plane and were being interviewed by authorities, officials said.
NEW YORK, April 18 - A U.S. bankruptcy judge largely declined on Friday to rule that former American Airlines parent company AMR Corp had a unilateral right to terminate benefits for nearly 47,000 retirees.
NEW YORK, April 18 - Dozens of the largest U.S. stock exchanges, brokerages and high-frequency trading firms were hit with a class action lawsuit by the capital of the state of Rhode Island, accusing them of manipulating the U.S. securities markets.
WASHINGTON, April 18 - The Obama administration further delayed its decision on the controversial Keystone XL pipeline project on Friday, with no conclusion now likely until after the U.S. mid-term elections in November.
(Adds quotes from SpaceX chief executive, booster test, in paragraphs 5 and 15-16)
WASHINGTON/NEW YORK, April 18 - Teck Resources said on Friday its Red Dog operation in Alaska, the world's largest zinc and lead mine, is operating as usual after two earthquakes struck a few miles from the site.
NEW YORK, April 18 - Teck Resources said on Friday its Red Dog zinc mine, the world's largest, in Alaska is operating as usual after two earthquakes struck a few miles from the site.
NEW YORK, April 18 - Rengan Rajaratnam, the younger brother of imprisoned hedge fund manager Raj Rajaratnam, on Friday lost a bid to dismiss some of the insider trading charges leveled against him last year.
- Financial: Rajaratnam's brother loses bid to dismiss insider trading charges
- Technology: UPDATE 1-Erdogan challenges social media in top Turkish court
- Healthcare: India's Glenmark pulls 2,900 bottles of ulcer drug in U.S.
- Consumer: Tech workers seek to use Steve Jobs evidence in upcoming trial on no-hire accords
- Energy: TransCanada CEO "disappointed" with Keystone XL pipeline delay
- Industrials: RPT-Apache CEO, Vermont activist build alliance on climate issues
- M&A: UPDATE 1-Merck extends AZ offer again over Chinese antitrust issues
- Bankruptcy: Seeking expert help, Detroit bankruptcy judge interviews applicants
- IPOs: Shipping firms turn to equity markets as sector eyes recovery
- Private Capital: TPG-led group to make $450 mln investment in Airbnb -source
- Hedge Funds: Apocalypse Now? China 'bears' hope for their "told you so" moment
- Special Report - How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Bodies found trapped inside sunken South Korean ferry - coastguard |
- New Russia sanctions threats as Ukraine stalemate goes on |
- Drone diving to record level in Malaysian plane search
- Powerful earthquake rattles Mexico, shakes buildings
- Dissident Irish republican shot dead in Belfast
- Avalanche kills at least 12 guides in deadliest incident on Mount Everest
- Labour Party hires Obama strategist for 2015 poll
- Poles most worried about their independence in at least 23 years - poll
- Erdogan challenges social media in top Turkish court