(Adds reaction from public health advocates; e-cig company)
PARIS, April 24 - European shares rose in early trade on Thursday, recouping most of the previous session's losses, with Alstom surging on merger and acquisition talk.
MOSCOW, April 24 - Russia's Natural Resources Minister said on Thursday that the door would be closed to foreign companies working in Russia if they decide to leave the country over Ukraine-related sanctions.
FRANKFURT, April 24 - Shares in Dialog Semiconductor rise 3.5 percent at open after Apple Inc reports better than expected iphone sales
LONDON, April 24 - AstraZeneca highlighted progress with new cancer drugs that may revive its fortunes as it posted a 17 percent fall in core earnings per share on Thursday, reflecting patent losses on profitable older medicines.
FRANKFURT, April 24 - The DAX top-30 index looked set to open 0.5 percent higher on Thursday, according to premarket data from brokerage Lang & Schwarz at 0640 GMT.
LONDON, April 24 - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening 18 to 19 points higher on Thursday, or as much as 0.3 percent stronger, according to financial bookmakers. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
PARIS, April 24 - European stocks were seen rising on Thursday, reversing most of the previous session's losses as strong results from U.S. companies Apple and Facebook helped boost sentiment. Gains could be limited, however, as the damage of currency effects on European earnings was showing up in quarterly results of a number of companies including Unilever , Suez Environnement and Schneider Electric. A stronger euro hit Suez, who said the negative exchange rate impact on quar
LONDON, April 24 - AstraZeneca highlighted progress with a new generation of cancer drugs that may revive its fortunes as it posted a 17 percent fall in core earnings per share on Thursday, reflecting patent losses on profitable older medicines.
- Financial: PRESS DIGEST- Wall Street Journal - April 24
- Technology: UPDATE 5-U.S. regulators to propose new net neutrality rules in May
- Healthcare: YOUR MONEY-As you sniffle, take a hard look at your allergy costs
- Consumer: Publicis says confident of winning UK tax residency
- Energy: PRESS DIGEST- British Business - April 24
- Industrials: Barrick-Newmont make merger headway but divide remains -sources
- M&A: Chemring to sell European munitions business for up to 168 mln euros
- Bankruptcy: Detroit CFO says post-bankruptcy oversight critical for city
- IPOs: UPDATE 1-Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
- Private Capital: UPDATE 1-Henderson retail investors drive $5 bln flow of new funds
- Hedge Funds: Apocalypse Now? China 'bears' hope for their "told you so" moment
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- Body of Korean boy who raised ferry alarm believed found |
- Australia rules out link between debris and Malaysian plane
- Apple expands buybacks by $30 billion, OKs 7-for-1 stock split |
- UK says breakaway Scotland would struggle to pay welfare bill
- Facebook first-quarter revenue grows 72 percent on rising mobile ads |
- Syria eyes end of chemical arms monitoring mission; West disagrees
- Obama reaffirms commitment to Japan on tour of Asia allies |
- U.N. Security Council members mulling South Sudan sanctions
- Hamas, Abbas's PLO announce reconciliation agreement