EDINBURGH - Scotland spurned independence and saved a union dating back 300 years in a historic referendum but its defeated leader said it would hold London to last minute offers of more power that could radically reshape the United Kingdom. | Video
PARIS/BRUSSELS - Scotland's vote against independence offers lessons for British politicians and their European partners faced with a referendum on whether to stay in the EU which Prime Minister David Cameron has promised for 2017.
NEW YORK - Alibaba Group Holding Ltd's shares soared 38 percent in their first day of trading on Friday as investors jumped at the chance for a piece of what is likely to rank as the largest IPO in history, in a massive bet on China's burgeoning middle class. | Video
MINSK - Pro-Russian separatists and representatives from Kiev and Moscow agreed on Saturday on further measures to ensure a cease-fire between Ukrainian troops and pro-Russian separatists.
BAGHDAD/PARIS - French jets struck a suspected Islamic State target in Iraq for the first time on Friday, expanding a U.S.-led military campaign against militants who have seized a third of the country and also control large parts of neighbouring Syria. | Video
FREETOWN - Streets in the capital of Sierra Leone were deserted on Friday as the West African state began a contested, three-day lockdown in a bid to halt the worst Ebola outbreak on record.
BRASILIA/SAO PAULO - Brazil's financial markets have rallied on the prospect of environmentalist Marina Silva unseating President Dilma Rousseff in next month's election, but political donations show plenty of companies may be wary of a new administration.
DIKMETAS Turkey - Iraqi Kurdish leader Masoud Barzani called on Friday for international intervention to protect a Kurdish town in neighbouring Syria from Islamic State fighters who have forced many Syrian Kurds to flee across the border into Turkey. | Video
SEOUL - An American recently sentenced to six years hard labour by a North Korean court pretended to have secret U.S. information and was deliberately arrested in a bid to become famous and meet U.S. missionary Kenneth Bae in a North Korean prison, state media said on Saturday.
PARIS - Nicolas Sarkozy announced his political comeback on Friday, saying he would seek the leadership of France's main rightist party, opening the way for a possible return to the Elysee Palace in 2017 elections.
- Financial: UPDATE 1-Ernst & Young in tentative deal in Canada on Sino-Forest audit
- Technology: WRAPUP 9-Alibaba surges 38 pct on massive demand in market debut
- Healthcare: CORRECTED-UPDATE 1-Vivus' Stendra gets FDA approval for use 15 minutes before sex
- Consumer: Accreditation agency places Corinthian under warning
- Energy: UPDATE 4-Exxon winds down drilling as U.S. sanctions hit Russia
- Industrials: Ernst & Young in tentative deal in Canada on Sino-Forest audit
- M&A: Phones 4U says Vodafone will take 140 of its stores
- Bankruptcy: UPDATE 2-Detroit council approves regional water authority deal
- IPOs: UPDATE 4-SAP buys expenses software maker Concur for $7.3 bln
- Private Capital: IPO values online furnishings retailer Wayfair at up to $2.32 bln
- Hedge Funds: Ex-Marble Bar manager readies Mako backed European hedge fund - sources