Samsung Electronics Co Ltd (005930.KS)
4 May 2016
NEW YORK Graphics chip maker Nvidia Corp announced a settlement of a patent dispute with Samsung Electronics Co Ltd on Monday, hours before a U.S. trade agency was due to rule on a complaint that could have blocked importation of some of Nvidia's products.
SEOUL Tech giant Samsung Electronics Co Ltd on Thursday tipped a pickup in second-quarter profits after reporting a 12 percent earnings gain in January-March on the back of "robust" sales of its Galaxy S7 smartphones.
* Q1 operating profit $5.8 bln, slightly above earlier guidance
* Recovery in Samsung's handset business likely to be short lived
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) SEOUL/SYDNEY, April 27 (Fitch) Recovery in the smartphone business is likely to be short-lived despite Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.'s (SEC, A+/Stable) stronger-than-expected 1Q16 results, and its semiconductor business will face challenges which may pressure profitability over the long term, says Fitch Ratings. Strong sales of SEC's new flagship model - Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge - boosted operating performance in 1Q16. The hand
* KOSPI, won open higher after Fed meeting but gains short-lived * Cautious trading ahead of BOJ policy meeting result SEOUL, April 28 South Korean shares and won lacked a firm direction on Thursday morning as the investors took to the sidelines ahead of an outcome from the Bank of Japan's policy meeting, keeping trading volume low. The Korea Composite Stock Price Index (KOSPI) was down 0.3 percent at 2,008.83 points as of 0216 GMT. "Shares will keep wobbling until
SEOUL Samsung Biologics Co Ltd, a contract manufacturer of biotech drugs for global pharmaceutical firms, said it was planning an IPO this year, an offering that analysts have estimated as being worth as much as $2.6 billion.
* Aims to be the world's largest contract manufacturer (Adds company details, biotech market background)
SEOUL, April 28 Tech giant Samsung Electronics Co Ltd said on Thursday its first-quarter operating profit rose 12 percent from a year earlier, buoyed by strong initial sales for its flagship Galaxy S7 smartphones.
* Chip profits to fall, but firm better off than rivals -analysts
Earnings vs. Estimates
Analyst Research Reports
Provider : GlobalData
Samsung Electronics Co Ltd: Business description, financial summary, 3yr and interim financials, key statistics/ratios and historical ratio analysis.
Provider : Reuters Investment Profile
NYSE and AMEX quotes delayed by at least 20 minutes. NASDAQ delayed by at least 15 minutes. For a complete list of exchanges and delays, please click here.